Hello everybody! So since I've had lots of time on my hands, rather than doing grown-up things and being productive, I've been a complete couch potato and not giving a damn about anything.
Yes, I'm 20 years old and still a kid at heart! I've been loving not having a care in the world while watching movies that make me happy, just like the old times. It makes me think of how time just flew by as a kid. While you're young, or at least while I was young, all I wanted was to grow up and do grown-up things. I am the youngest out of four though, so seeing my older siblings doing "fun" things and not me totally pissed me off!
Now that I'm considered a grown-up, it's nothing but hell. Yea, I'm maybe able to now go out with friends without asking for permission, smoke/drink and it wouldn't be weird, make my own money, and so on- but each of those things we used to consider as "cool" or "fun" as a kid, is nothing when you're of age and nobody no longer gives a shit what you do.
I know that I'm still a kid though, at least in my parent's eyes. Every time I even mention moving out, they jokingly say that I'm grounded. (Or at least I think they're joking.) The only cool thing about being an adult is that you can pretty much do whatever, whenever, and your parents can't do anything about it. Now mind you, I'm not the kind of person to rub in my parent's faces that I can do whatever the hell I want; I have more respect for them than that. Honestly when I do move, they will be the first to receive a call every night. Even though I'm now expected to be independent and rely on nothing but my paycheck, I will always need my parents.
Now enough of talking about all the shit you'll soon go through as being a grown up, and back to the kid movies!! These are the kid movies I've been watching lately that get my mind off of all the bills that are screaming to get paid- and other "grown-up things":
- Cinderella - The new one that came out last year, I was obsessed with it for a solid 2 months after I first watched it. Of course nothing beats the original though.
- Coraline- If you know anything about me, you would know that I love ANY Tim Burton films.
- Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters- Now I know this version isn't really considered a "kids" movie, but it's fucking Hansel and Gretel... Killing WITCHES! Love it.
- X-Men: Days of Futures Past- I love my Marvel movies. Of course Quicksilver is my favorite, who doesn't love Evan Peters?!
- Jurassic World- My first time watching this version of Jurassic was actually Wednesday night. I've been wanting to see it ever since it came out in theaters, but I never got the chance. I freaking loved it, just like how I love all the Jurassic movies. P.S. Chris Pratt... HOT AS HELL.
- Spice World- I know, MAJOR flashback Friday. Who doesn't love the fucking Spice Girls... I was obsessed with them when I was younger! I feel like everyone was to be honest.
So I'm sure you just experienced a blast from the past as to when you were a kid. Remember how carefree your life used to be?! Ahh, it might have felt like you were in prison while you were younger, but if only you knew. If only there was a way to know while you're still a kid, to savor every day of being lazy without the judgement of others calling you a loser or a low-life. Haha! If only, if only.
Thanks so much for reading, and enjoy your weekend!! Also, make sure to spend a little bit of time re-living your childhood life- it's pretty great therapy!